Become fearless when you participate in the toughest foot race on earth!
The Marathon des Sables is the stuff of legends. It is The Toughest Footrace on Earth (Discovery Channel).
The Marathon des Sables is a truly gruelling multi-stage ultra marathon through a mythical landscape in one of the world’s most inhospitable environments – the Sahara desert. You have to be self-sufficient and carry all your own food and equipment for the week on your back as you make your way across the sand dunes. Communal goat’s-hair Berber tents are pitched every night but, apart from that you have to take it with you.
Every year a team of incredible individuals take on this truly epic events raising hundreds of thousands of pounds – could this be you in next year?
When you join Team Hope you will receive:
- Training and fundraising tips
- Regular updates – to show how your efforts make a massive impact
- Hope for Children smiley Vest or T-shirt
- Ongoing personal support from the Hope for Children team
- We also will arrange a runners' meet up prior to race day where you can meet the rest of the running team and discuss training programmes and fundraising tip