The Marathon des Sables
Become fearless when you participate in the toughest foot race on earth! The Marathon des Sable attracts thousands of runners each year. Over the years Hope for Children have supported many teams to take part in the event!
What is involved?
After touching down in Morocco you will spend the next 6 days covering over 250km (156 miles) running or walking over dunes, rocky jebels and hot salt plains, with temperatures regularly reaching 50 centigrade. You will cross the finish line a true hero.
Every year a team of incredible people take on this truly epic event raising tens of thousands of pounds – could this be you?
When you join Team Hope you will:
- Be supported all the way by your fellow team mates and the Hope for Children Team.
- Participate in monthly training calls with Adrian May, a 3-time MdS finisher, along with celebrity running ambassadors. Recently this has included amazing advice from Elisabeth Barnes, Lucja Leonard and David Hellard.
- Be invited to a Runner's Meet up prior to race day.
- A Hope for Children smiley Vest or T-shirt.
- Become a part of the elite alumni of Team Hope MdS runners.
- Have access to a dedicated hotline for top quality fundraising support.
Team Hope Details
Hope for Children is a small international charity that passionately believes every child has the right to a happy, healthy and positive childhood. By joining Team Hope, you will help us to improve their access to education and healthcare, empowering their families to support themselves whilst developing their confidence and self-esteem. Most importantly, you'll be giving these children hope.
Check out all the key information you'll want to know about the Marathon des Sables and joining Team Hope for the 2022 event. If you want to find out more, register your interest at the bottom of this page and our team will be happy to answer all your questions!
Event Date: April 2022
Registration Fee: £500 - secures your place in the MdS 2022 event.
Fundraising Pledge: £8,000 - could provide 175 vulnerable children with the books & uniforms needed to attend school for a whole year.
Apply now for a place in the MdS 2022...
Fill out our Interest Form below to let us know you're interested in taking part in the Marathon des Sables and our fundraising team will be in touch shortly to tell you more about the event, and learn more about why you want to take on the ultimate desert ultra marathon.